A Weekend In Murphysboro was made possible by:
Apple Computers – with special thanks to Dan Senstock and Don Henderson
Canon USA Inc – with special thanks to Bob Malish and Brian Matsumoto
Camera Bits – with special thanks to Jamie Brown
The City of Murphysboro, with special thanks to:
Mayor Ron Williams, the Murphysboro City Council, Murphysboro Tourism Commission, Bob Fenwick and the Davis McCann Center, William Huppert and the Murphysboro Middle School Staff, Mike Mills, Chris Grode, and Barbara Dallas.
Thanks to these local businesses for their support:
17th Street Bar and Grill, Whiffle Boys Pizza, Big Charlie’s BBQ, Cindy B’s, Cummare’s Italian Restaurant, Annie Mae’s, Murphysboro Dairy Queen, Murphysboro Hardee’s, Murphysboro Walmart, Ihle Florists and The Southern Illinoisan, with special thanks to Gary Metro, Thomas Barker, Rhonda Ethridge, Brenda Kirkpatrick, Chuck Novara, Cara Recine and Adam Testa.
Southern Illinois University and the College of Mass Communication and Media Arts:
With special thanks to Dean Gary Kolb, William Freivogel, Debi Harmon, Matt McCrimmon, David Henderson, Mike Holder, Patrick Mulcrone, Meg Zimlich Martin, Mark Stoffel, Lyle Fuchs, Chris Parr.
Bruce Baumann, Mark Dolan, Phil Greer, Roger Hart, Bill Recktenwald, Eileen Waldron.
The Illinois Humanities Council: This program was made possible in part by a grant from the Illinois Humanities Council, the National Endowment for the Humanities, and the Illinois General Assembly, with special thanks to Jessica Besser-Rosenburg.
The Students and faculty would like to express their sincere gratitude to the following professionals who were extremely generous with their time and expertise in working directly with us. We could not have done this without them.
Visiting Professional Faculty:
- Chris Anderson, Momenta Workshops
- Ryan Anson, The Pulitzer Center
- Dave Carson, The St. Louis Post Dispatch
- Lane Christiansen, The Chicago Tribune
- Julia Cumes, Freelance
- Gail Fisher, National Geographic
- Justin Fowler, State Journal-Register
- Christian Fuchs, Jesuit Refuge Services
- Danese Kenon, Indianapolis Star
- Becky Lettenberger, National Public Radio
- Carrie Niland, AOL
- Chuck Novara, The Southern Illinoisan
- Todd Panagopoulos, The Chicago Tribune
- Mike Roy, Freelance
- Seth Siditsky, The Newark Star-Ledger
- Chris Ware, The Danbury, CT News Times
- Justin Yurkanin, The Las Vegas Review
Web Project Leader: Roger Hart
Web Development: Mariona Jones, Bruno Maestrini, Diana Soliwon